12 Handy Uses for Discontinued Carpet Samples
Here at McGraw’s Direct 2U Carpet, we don’t let anything go to waste. Carpet designs go
out of style. When that happens carpet manufacturers discontinue those lines and distributers are left with mounds of carpet samples for carpets that are no longer available. Other companies will toss out these “useless” samples, but we would rather make use of them!
Here are 12 useful ways to repurpose discontinued carpet samples:
- Wipe your shoes on them as a door mat
- Floor mats in your car (the smaller ones)
- Protect your hardwood floors or move furniture (upside down on feet)
- Seat warmers on cold bleacher seats
- Kneeling pad when gardening
- Place under your dog and cat feeding dishes
- Attach to a 4 x 4 for a cat scratch post
- Roofers use them as a non-slip surface to kneel on
- Place in front of your tires if stuck in snow or mud
- Test out that new stain remover you got suckered into buying from that late night infomercial
- Place in bottom of animal carriers
- Cut circles for drink coasters
We usually keep good stock of them so come on by our showroom at 155 N 78th St. Seattle, WA 98103. We sell our discontinued carpet samples here at only $1 apiece. Hope to see you at the showroom!
UPDATE : We have another use from one of our valued customers. If you have any new ideas come down to our showroom or Email us.
Use # 11 (from Mary Ellen)
I just returned from buying 2 samples for door mats. I like your 10 other uses – very nice – all of them. I do, I think, have a decent idea for another use. Use one of the thinner rug samples, put it in a picture frame put in hooks for jewelry – necklaces etc. and hang! This would work for anything you hang that’s not too thick – like scarves or keys….